View Single Post
Old 14-12-2014, 09:50 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2693 / Power: 16
SEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Battle Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsk721g View Post
Quick question: Why don't SBF stop anonymous zapping to prevent "war zones"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsk721g View Post
Years back when I got zapped a few times, two great Bros indicated their identity......55
In our discussions, Boss explained the history and reason for anonymous zapping:

Quote:
When the rep system was first introduced, the nick that zapped or added points was visible to the recipient.

This caused all out zapping wars to erupt and some wars even spilled over to challenging each other to fist fight in the real world.

It also disadvantaged those who had low points and power as they did not dare zap anybody especially if the person they felt like zapping had more points and power than they had.

I therefore changed it to make it anonymous and it evened the playing field considerably and enabled junior members to zap without fear.

Rep votes should be like the ballot box. Your vote is secret.
SEAJ