Thread: Fun In Paris
View Single Post
Old 19-08-2009, 06:10 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 8691 / Power: 17
HonestCrook has a reputation beyond reputeHonestCrook has a reputation beyond reputeHonestCrook has a reputation beyond reputeHonestCrook has a reputation beyond reputeHonestCrook has a reputation beyond reputeHonestCrook has a reputation beyond reputeHonestCrook has a reputation beyond reputeHonestCrook has a reputation beyond reputeHonestCrook has a reputation beyond reputeHonestCrook has a reputation beyond reputeHonestCrook has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Paris experience and warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbird00 View Post
Hi All,
Since we are into sharing our "learnings", i thought i should also share my experience while i was in Budapest alone. Along the famous walking street, i

Just got back 1 month ago from Prague and another happening place.

Sorry if the experience is not relevant to Paris. Maybe i should start a tread on Budapest.

Cheers.
BigBird00,

I think your experience is relevant though different Country and City. Your thoughts and stories will enrich other readers who are planning to travel to the Eastern parts of Europe. I am sure they will thank you one day.

Sorry to hear your predicament in Budapest. I had a bad experience in Bangkok once. Went into a Bar in Patpong. Can't remember if it is Patpong I or II. Was served a staled beer and when I wanted to leave, the bill came to US$200.00 The Bar and bouncers thought I was a Japanese or a Korean coz I am short and fat. After about a very long 15 minutes of negotiation (me spoke a little bit of Thai and kept mentioning the word Police) they finally let me go after accepting 200 Baht from me, I thought I was going to be beaten up then. That was in 1991 and in that era, a mug of stale beer for 200 Baht was expensive.

Prague - I am very sure I will not have enough time to visit the Czech Republic. If I could, I would. I have heard that Prague is one of the best place to cheong. Too bad, not this time round.
Hey! I might be a Crook, but I am Honest!